Follow along as I provide day-by-day updates during my ten-day case study. I’m changing one simple daily habit, and letting readers learn first hand the impact it’s having on my life.
The sweet smell of success. The ten-day healthy life challenge is complete. Birds are chirping, winter flowers are blossoming and I am feeling great! The last ten days has been a blast. It hasn’t always been easy, but I’ve enjoyed the journey. I feel like I’m on top of my game, both physically and mentally.
You know what the trick to the whole ten-day journey was? I wrote most of this post on Day 1. Yes, that means the words you’re reading right now were written prior to my starting the 10-day challenge. Why did I do that?
Begin with the end in mind (Stephen Covey)
When I sat down on Day 1 of my journey, I visualized what success looked like. I pictured myself ten days into the future. Looking great. Feeling great. It was my motivation to get through the challenge. And here we are now.
- Meditation – 20 minutes.
- Affirmations – 10 minutes.
- Exercise – 30 minute Yoga for Runners.
What I Learned
Although this was a rather simple challenge, I feel like I’ve learned a lot about myself. I could probably write a few thousand words about how I feel, but I decided to highlight the three biggest outcomes from my journey:
- I am healthier. I have more energy. I have a more positive mindset on the day ahead and generally feel more relaxed. I’m more productive and feel like I’ve accomplished a ton over the last ten days.
- Meditation is an exercise treadmill for my mind. Where has meditation been all my life? It’s become the rock of my morning routine. I’m committed to practicing meditation every day and really look forward to this time. It’s probably the first activity that actually feels like a normal morning habit.
- I’m nowhere without will power. This is very black and white to me. The only hard part of my morning is the discipline to get out of bed. It’s a snap decision. Get up or hit snooze. As long as I continue to get up, I’ll live a healthier life.
This was a great experience. I honestly hope that “what’s next,” is one of you emailing me about your ten days to a healthier life journey. How do you feel? What’s your favorite morning activity? What’s your biggest struggle? Email me or leave a comment. I want to hear about it!
For me, my morning routine continues. Ten days and counting. While I won’t be updating daily, I’ll continue to provide updates on my journey. Next stop? 30 days!
In the meantime, stay tuned for our upcoming articles, as we’ll “double click” into the power of meditation and dig deeper into our first reader-requested article!
Until next time,