As chief content creator at CHL, I find it difficult to come up with a consistent flow of new content, to ensure the five minutes you spend on CHL is worth your time. I don’t want to ramble endlessly about what I ate for breakfast yesterday or how many times my recently potty-trained daughter (CHL employee #4) went “teetee in the pottee”, but at times it constrains me from just writing what’s on my mind.
So today I’m not looking to introduce a new yoga routine or a cancer-fighting spice—but stay tuned for some stuff about curcumin. I’m just going to write what’s on my mind. This will be a bit more focused on the personal side of CHL, but if you enjoy CHL, I want you to learn more about what makes us (aka me) tic.
Happy Birthday to Us
Cool Healthy Life had its six month birthday on February 1st. Six months and counting. So far, we haven’t quite changed the world, but I do feel the world is changing…or maybe just my perspective on the world. Here are the stats:
- 28 posts
- 13 pages (these are topic pages on the site that don’t run through the blog)
- 500 tweets (mostly re-tweeting other great health content)
- 3 Social footprints (Twitter, Google+, Pinterest)
- 6 newsletters delivered
I’d like to think that we helped at least one person learn something about living a healthier life. If we did, then the rest of the numbers don’t mean squat. My goals at CHL are twofold:
- Spread awareness about healthy living. I’m not advocating one thing vs. another. Some think Paleo is the only diet to follow, while others think you must be vegan or else. I want to help us all learn the difference between the two, and let you, the reader, choose what’s best for you to live a healthier life.
- Create something of value. I’m scratching an entrepreneurial itch to build a business on the side. If I’m successful at goal #1, I’m pretty confident that I’ll meet goal #2, and CHL will transition from being a “project” to being a “business.”
Why Cool Healthy Life? Why healthy living? Well, I’ll refer you back to Jerry Maguire for that answer.
This is Easy, Right?
Trying to start a business, and having a day job, and spending time with a loving family, and studying for Level II of the CFA isn’t an easy task. Fortunately, each of these things really flex different parts of my heart and mind. CHL allows me to tap into my creativity and long-term dreams. It’s where I envision my life going, and really is an unwritten script just waiting to be written. I don’t want to be working a 9 to 5 in the long-run. I want to be Cool Healthy Living.
I’ll end today’s random musings with what I’m thankful for. Everything.
I’m thankful that I have a loving family. I’m thankful I have a day job. I’m thankful I’m able to study for the CFA (and hopefully pass it). And I’m thankful that you’re here at Cool Healthy Life.com. Without you … “all we are is dust in the wind.”
Ya, that’s right. I just ended the post with reference to a 1977 song published by, Kansas.
Until Next Time,